Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blue

A curtain is drawn to the side as the blue of the morning peers through. This is not just any blue, its brilliant and alive, it penetrates your soul. A blue that many have tried to duplicate, but none can compare. A blue made even more brilliant by the branches reaching toward heaven, marked with the budding of spring's green leaves; and the fiery red of a cardinal perched on a limb. A blue that belongs to the One artist and composer. The One Creator. This is His blue and He paints the sky with broad strokes. His sky. God's sky.

As I lie here basking in the beauty of His creation, I hear the symphony. The birds singing their praises, my daughter squealing as she dances and twirls, the plane flying in the distance. A symphony that plays out against the backdrop of this brilliant blue.  The perfect accompaniment. A symphony composed especially for me, by the One composer. 

How great is His love for me, that He gives me this gift of awe and wonder on this early spring morning. My body is weary and I long for sleep, but His creation breathes life into my soul and my heart sings. He loves me. He loves even me.

By His grace alone,
Shelly



See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God...
1 John 3:1 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment