Monday, September 26, 2011

Beyond Borders

Borders. I create them. A skill I have perfected. A skill I thought necessary to my survival. A skill born out of pain, illness, brokenness, and betrayal. My borders, built for protection, safety, comfort. My borders, but not God's borders. You see my borders were created in my own strength, not His.

After years of chronic illness, of feeling trapped within myself, years of learning about my God. His love and grace. His mercy and sovereignty. I am so thankful to know Him. His healing begins, tiny waves, perfectly timed as His timing is always perfect. Like waves crashing on the surf and pulling back into the ocean, these waves are cleansing, healing. In the midst I hear Him whisper, "It's time." Time to move. Move beyond borders. My borders.

Just as the priests carrying the ark stepped into the flooding waters of the Jordan, I am taking that first step into faith. Trusting in Him who whispers, "It's time." Though the fear lingers and panic rushes in, I press on, let go with abandon. Because His plan, His borders are especially chosen for me; and through Him I CAN do all things.

It's time.


By His grace alone,
Shelly


"The priests will carry the Ark of the Lord, the Lord of all the earth. As soon as their feet touch the water, the flow of water will be cut off upstream, and the river will stand up like a wall." So the people left their camp to cross the Jordan, and the priests who were carrying the Ark of the Covenant went ahead of them. It was the harvest season, and the Jordan was overflowing its banks. But as soon as the feet of the priests who were carrying the Ark touched the water at the river’s edge, the water above that point began backing up a great distance away at a town called Adam, which is near Zarethan. And the water below that point flowed on to the Dead Sea until the riverbed was dry. Then all the people crossed over near the town of Jericho.
Joshua 3:13-16 (NLT)

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Joshua 29:11 (NIV)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)



In response to his whispers, I am moving my blog, these little snippets of my journal, to new places, new things. I am not sure of all the pieces yet, I patiently pray and wait for Him to reveal them. What I do know is my blog is moving to beyondborders.me; it will have my story, my borders, and my journey beyond those borders.

I am also participating in the Nesters 31 days to change series. My theme, 31 day to moving beyond borders. Yes 31 days of writing. Big commitment. Huge.

2 comments:

  1. All through this post I'm saying "wow" to myself...I've created borders. Lots of them. It's time, for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an encouraging blog! Thanks for connecting with me on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete