Monday, September 26, 2011

Seasons

The vibrant green slowly yellowing with shades of red. Remarkable beauty, shifting, changing, dying. The glorious display drying up, turning brown, eventually falling. The crisp air telling of the season to come.

The sky glows orange as it fades into night. I am looking back, thinking of Summer, the Spring before. Why do I find my self here? The same place, every year, every Autumn? Reflective. Melancholy. Longing for days of old. Witnessing the slow fade of life into Winter.

Is it a reminder of who I am? What I am? A sinner. Imperfect. Like leaves from trees, we all fall. Or is it a reminder of seasons? Seasons of life? The cold, dark bleak seasons when God felt so far away.

The Autumn wind blows against me, the warmth of Summer still lingering. I find my heart yearning to move on, not looking back. He is speaking to me about moving beyond. Beyond borders, my borders. To fully trust Him, abide, and press on. Leaving fear of the unknown and the dread of the dark lonely days behind. Embracing a new life without fear. Stretching. Growing. Moving beyond into rebirth.

As the leaves fade, so does my old self. Her voice is distant now, barely a whisper. My old ways falling as the leaf. As Winter draws near I find new perspective. His perspective. This season is not a reminder of who or what I am, a sinner. It is not a reminder of the cold, dark bleak seasons of life. It is a season of drawing close to Him. A season of rest, abiding, shedding of the old.

As the tree awaits with hope the Spring that approaches with grace that renews and refreshes; I will await and hope in Him who promises to complete His good work in me.

By His grace alone,
Shelly



Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ
Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment